Since our official launch celebrations in September 2012, from pilot project to committed investment, the Goulburn Valley Community Legal Centre has been striving to achieve its objectives, including:
- providing free, independent and accessible legal advice and assistance to members of the community who live, work or study in the City of Greater Shepparton, Moira, Mitchell and Strathbogie Shires, and surrounding areas;
- empowering individuals by providing them with information, tools and strategies to identify and address their legal issues and wider concerns;
- conducting and participating in legal education sessions to targeted focus groups or the general community; and
- participating in law reform projects.
We are seeking your help in identifying existing and emerging legal needs within the community, and in developing methods that we can implement to address these needs (within our resources and framework).
We particularly wish to focus on those issues that are affecting identified groups, including:
- Indigenous Australians
- the elderly
- those from low socio-economic backgrounds
- those who have been exposed to family violence
As such, we invite you to participate in a community consultation, which will be an opportunity to voice your concerns about the unmet legal need in this area.
We are holding three consultations throughout the Goulburn Valley:
Guest Speaker: David Tennant, CEO Family Care
Tuesday 19 March 2013
9:30am to 12:30pm
The Parklake Hotel
481 Wyndham St, Shepparton
Thursday 21 March 2013
2:00pm to 4:00pm
The Seymour Club
1 Elizabeth St, Seymour
Thursday 4 April 2013
10:30am to 12:00pm
UnitingCare: Cutting Edge
Pine St, Cobram
Please RSVP by 15 March 2013 at email@example.com. Please indicate if you have any special dietary requirements. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.